If you are familiar with the statement “the face is the mind’s portrait, the eyes will be the informers” explains how vision is essential to man’s life. Many would ask, how can a man become productive if he is already visionless or blind? Indeed, the eye is the mirror of a man’s soul. The eyes will serve as the purpose of what words fail to achieve.
Researchers and psychologists concluded many theories of the process, involving the movement and ability of the eye to communicate feelings and emotions. Thus, the importance of giving care to the eyes to protect eyesight is not just for protection, but to prevent possible issues. You can visit an eye clinic for consultation on the current condition of your eyes with an optician or optometrist, including ophthalmologists.
Eye care clinic services
When it comes to taking care of the eyes, there are various eye care services performed by the eye clinic, such as:
- Cataract surgery
- Eye inflammatory diseases
- Glaucoma workup and treatment
- Visual field defects evaluation and treatment
- Diplopia (double vision)
- Vitreous and delicate retina.
- Newborn and infant eye examination
- Pathogens and corneal infection
These are a few of the eye care services offered. Any of these services you think your eye needs, you can immediately go to the eyecare clinic for consultation.
Importance of eye care
Eye care is essential for the maintenance of the eyes. The eyes are complex organs and are essential for daily life and taking care of them is vital for different reasons, such as:
- Vision health. It is the most obvious reason for eye care, to maintain good vision. Not failing to get regular eye examinations helps you detect refractive errors. Everybody wants to have a clear vision.
- Early detection and prevention of diseases. Different systemic diseases like diabetes can be detected through eye examinations and it is best to have early detection to get an early cure.
- Eye comfort. Eye care may include practices promoting eye comfort, such as it maintaining proper hygiene avoids eye strain, it protecting the eyes from environmental factors, such as:
- Excessive sunlight
- Workplace productivity. In this new era, many people will spend long hours staring at the screens. Proper eye care may include regular breaks and proper lighting, including the use of glasses when needed.
As early as possible, if you notice that you are having eyesight problems, go to the eye care clinic for consultation.